The children of South Fulton County need and deserve a small, community-based college preparatory public high school. If you support this notion, please e-mail the members of the Fulton Co. Board of Education and support the petition for Hapeville.
Hapeville Charter High School Petition Needs Your Support: Call to Action! Help us give opportunity to the children of South Fulton!
Some details about the school, the school board member names and contact information, and the dates of the meetings are detailed below. Please contact these Board Members by Tuesday, May 10th and again before May 19th to express your support and express the need for educational options and opportunity in our community:
More information about Board members can be found at http://www.fultonschools.org/en/divisions/board/Pages/Board_Members.aspx
Name District Email
Katha Stuart District 1 email@example.com
Katie Reeves District 2 firstname.lastname@example.org
Gail Dean District 3 email@example.com
Linda Bryant District 3 firstname.lastname@example.org
Linda McCain District 5 email@example.com
Catherine Maddox District 6 firstname.lastname@example.org
Julia Bernath District 7 email@example.com
AND ATTEND THESE MEETINGS TO EXPRESS YOUR SUPPORT:
Work Session May 10th
North Learning Center
450 Northridge Parkway
Sandy Springs, Georgia 30350
Tuesday, May 10
Executive Session 12:30 p.m.
Workshop Presentations 2:00 p.m.
Review of Agenda 4:30 p.m.
Recognitions and Public Comment 6:00 p.m.
Board Meeting, May 19th
Asa G. Hilliard Elementary School
3353 Mount Olive Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30344
Thursday, May 19
Start of Meeting
(including Recognitions and
INFORMATION FROM THE FOUNDING HAPEVILLE CHARTER HIGHSCHOOL BOARD:
Hapeville Preparatory High School:
The Tri-cities region needs a charter high school because of community needs in four areas:
• .Students in South Fulton high schools have lower academic performance and graduation rates than other areas of the County. There is a need to increase the academic performance of students in South Fulton County, and Hapeville Preparatory High School will address that need.
• The proposed Hapeville Preparatory High School is necessary because it offers, collectively, a blend of the following features:
(1) structured, intentional, and comprehensive remedial and intervention academic support strategies to ensure that students who may have fallen behind in years prior to the 9th
(2) stem, career-focused curriculum and reinforced extracurricular activities, for students in the Tri-Cities region of Fulton County, that provide a dual career college track from the 9th through 12th grade for students who desire a range of college career options, and
(3) aggressively prepare students and provide dual credit and dual enrollment opportunities,
• The Hapeville Preparatory High School curriculum is rigorous and aligned with Georgia Standards of Excellence to ensure that students exceed State requirements, and that they prepare for STEM careers. The curriculum will expose students to college-level courses early in the high school experience, integrating experiential learning opportunities to highly stimulate student motivation, raise high school graduation rates, and create a culture and expectation for college admission for students in the Tri-cities region (College Park, East Point, Hapeville).
• Our sole motivation for forming Hapeville Preparatory High School is to better serve the children of our community. To do so, Hapeville Preparatory High School endeavors to increase the number of students enrolling in college with careers to improve the quality of life of its citizenry and contribute to meeting the workforce need in the Tri-Cities area.
We hope you will consider supporting this important petition for Hapeville's future!