- Economic Development
- Film Permit Policy
Film Permit Policy
About Film Production in the City of Hapeville
The City of Hapeville invites television, music, and film productions to pursue opportunities provided by our artfully historical city. The City offers guidelines that will ensure an optimal experience before/during filming or recording sessions. Various city properties may be facilitated, so long as the City of Hapeville’s primary responsibility to provide service and protection to the general public is not impaired and/or the City of Hapeville is compensated for the time, labor and other costs associated with allowing the use of City of Hapeville’s property and facilities.
The City of Hapeville is not held responsible for any injury, accident, destruction of property or other occurrence associated with the project. The City of Hapeville reserves the right to refuse access to city property on the grounds of prior reference examination and portrayal of the city in the content of the project.
Film Production Permit Application & Guidelines
Please review both the City of Hapeville’s Film Permit Ordinance (PDF) and City Code (PDF) pertaining to filming for more detailed information regarding policies and procedures on filming within the City of Hapeville. You may also submit an online request by completing the Film Permit Request Form.
In order for your film project to be considered the City of Hapeville requires the following:
- A completed Filming Permit Application (PDF)
- Certificate of Insurance (COI)
- Hapeville Disclosure Agreement (PDF)
- The disclosure agreement should be completed and signed and returned to the City of Hapeville with your film permit application and insurance information.
At a Glance: Fees
- Filming Permit application filed at least 20 business days prior to scheduled Film Activity: $100.00
- Filming Permit application filed less than 20 business days, but at least 10 business days prior to scheduled Film Activity: $175.00
- Filming Permit filed less than 10 business days, but at least 5 business days prior to scheduled Film Activity: $250.00
- Application for Expedited Review (at least 18 hours prior to scheduled Film Activity): $500.00
- Additional fee for Film Activity that will "disturb the peace": $500.00.
- Reimbursement for use of City personnel: $40/hour, at least four (4) hours.
Fees are outlined within the Filming Permit Resolution (PDF). There are no fees associated with non-commercial personal use photography at any of our public parks. Parking is limited, but also free of charge within reason. Please contact our Film Liason for more information.
Hapeville is Camera Ready!
Georgia’s Camera Ready Communities program connects film and TV productions with skilled county liaisons across the state to provide local expertise and support. View more information and a listing of Camera Ready locations.
For Property Owners:
If you are interested in your Hapeville home, business or property being considered as a potential location, please Register Your Property. Additionally, please send an email with a link to your photos to the City’s Film Liason to keep on file .
Hapeville Welcomes Independent Filmmakers of the Southern Circuit Tour
The City of Hapeville proudly presents the Southern Circuit Tour of Independent Filmmakers. The 2019-2020 Series Screenings will continue on Saturday evenings at the Historic Christ Church & Carriage House starting with a Reception with the Filmmaker at 6 p.m. and the Film Screening at 7 p.m. followed by a Q&A with the filmmaker. Free admission and parking. View our Southern Circuit Tour page for more information.