Fulton County Annual Notice of Assessment
- The June 2022 assessments mailed by Fulton County are an estimation of county and city taxes.
- The assessments are based upon the 100% appraised values and 40% assessed values of property.
- Fulton County is responsible for the assessment of all property within the county. Hapeville does not conduct separate assessments or valuations.
- City of Hapeville taxes have not been calculated- the estimates provided by Fulton County were based upon 2021 millage rates and is subject to change for 2022 tax billing.
- City of Hapeville's millage rate will not be determined until September 2022. City of Hapeville 2022 taxes will not be calculated until September 2022.
- You have the right to dispute or appeal the appraised value of your home. Please appeal with Fulton County before August 1, 2022.
Fulton County Board of Tax Assessors
235 Peachtree Street, NE Ste.1400 Atlanta, GA 30309
Point of Contact is Mr. Christopher Fields
Additional Information on the appeals process: https://dor.georgia.gov/property-tax-real-and-personal-property-faq
Online appeals forms: https://dor.georgia.gov/property-tax-appeals
Update to 2022+ Property Taxes
All homeowners who have applied for and received the Fulton County Homestead Exemption may qualify for one of the three CITY SPECIFIC exemptions:
- 65+ Aged Exemption - $20,000. Proof of age is required. Proof of income is NOT required.
- Veterans Exemption - $20,000. Proof of veteran status is required.
- Residents who are 100% Disabled - $20,000. Proof of disability status is required. Any percentage of disability does not qualify.
- Resident must show proof of complete and total disability.
- Deadline to apply for CITY SPECIFIC exemption is June 30 of each calendar year.
**A homestead exemption is a legal provision that helps to reduce the amount of property taxes on owner-occupied homes**
Once granted, exemptions are automatically renewed each year. The renewal continues as long as the homeowner continually occupies the property under the same ownership. If the deed is changed, the exemption will be removed, and the property owner will need to re-file.
Please visit the Fulton County's Assessor's Department online at Fulton Assessor Website to find more information about the Homestead Exemption.
Please contact the Property Tax Clerk at 404-669-2102 for questions.